12-07-2016 06:27 PM
Is there any way to change the function keys, so that instead of turning off the keyboard lights when I hit F5, the page refreshes instead? And to turn off the keyboard lights, I would have to hold down the fn key?
12-07-2016 07:03 PM
HP Notebook PCs - Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models
- Function Keys f1 through f12
- Configurable Function key fn
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
- Press the f10 key to open the BIOS setup window.
- Press the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.Figure : BIOS setup window
- Press the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the enter key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
- Select the desired mode:
- Disabled: Requires pressing and holding the function key (fn) while pressing one of the f1 through f12 keys to use the action indicated on the action key.For example, on some computer models, if the Action Keys Mode is Disabled, pressing the f11 key will minimize and maximize a web browser if open. Alternatively, pressing and holding the fn + f11 keys will mute the sound.The action keys may vary depending on the model of notebook.
- Enabled: Requires pressing only one of the f1 through f12 keys to use the action as indicated on the action key.For example, on some computer models, if the Action Keys Mode is Enabled, pressing f11 will mute the sound as indicated on the action key. Alternatively, pressing and holding fn + f11 will minimize and maximize a web browser if open.The action keys may vary depending on the model of notebook.
- Press the f10 key to save the selection and restart the computer.
All the Best !! Thanks for being a member!
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee