Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-ad160tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Guys, I just encountered this problem that my laptop which is HP Envy - 13-ad160tx when charging it got stuck only at 70%. I already updated the bios, run the diagnostic test and its all good, I ran also windows update just to make sure I get the updated drivers. But still im stuck at 70%.. When I am using my AC adapter it only shows the percentage and it doesnt even says thats its charging but only PLUGGED IN.. 

Product name : HP ENVY Laptop 13-ad1xx

Product number : 3GH22PA#UUF

Serial number : [Personal Information Removed]

https://imgur.com/1JS8Krg

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1JS8Krg.jpg[/img]

Any kind of help I would really appreciate it.. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@darkblitz05 

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

This is what I get when you told me to check it in the powershell

Battery report

COMPUTER NAME DESKTOP-DK63T01

SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME HP HP ENVY Laptop 13-ad1xx

BIOS F.31 06/10/2020

OS BUILD 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406

PLATFORM ROLE Mobile

CONNECTED STANDBY Not supported

REPORT TIME 2020-09-2010:39:07

Installed batteries

Information about each currently installed battery

BATTERY 1

NAME Primary MANUFACTURER HP

SERIAL NUMBER  

CHEMISTRY LIon

DESIGN CAPACITY 40,310 mWh

ULL CHARGE CAPACITY 40,310 mWh C

YCLE COUNT -

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.