Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-06-2022 07:56 AM
I have installed HP Refresh SW onto donated laptops and for most folks, that works very well.
Couple questions was raised :
1) chrome browser is configured as 'managed' so it seems to require someone to administrate these refreshed laptops? What are the details for someone to administrate these laptops? Requiring sudo password?
2) The components installed by HP Refresh are very old versions ( chrome, browser, zoom), It seems normal users can't update to newer versions, due to chrome browser is in 'managed' mode?
3) unable to download other apps from appstore,
02-08-2022 11:32 AM
1) SUDO password is Linux, not Windows. The Windows password is the one you use to login -- there is no other, default, or master password.
2) Don't use Chrome anymore as it has a long history of problems, especially with Windows 10. We have no way to diagnose issues with it, so you would need to contact Google forums to see what help they can provide. If you are encountering error messages when trying to update Chrome, then pass those along to Google.
3) AppStore is an Apple thing; Windows uses the Microsoft Store -- but since these are MS apps, once again, we would have no way to debug issues with them. You would have to contact Microsoft support for issues with their Store or their apps.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community