Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

Could you explain how to setup Chrome extension for HP Client Security Manager? Can't find any NPAPI setting at current version of browser here chrome://flags so plugin is not working now. And sofware remind me everytime for enabling this option. If this issue haven't solvetion maybe someone knows if it's possible to somehow disabling popup notifications about this from HP CSM sofware.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Radiotema

I cannot find that application in the Google store.

YOUR link opens to the pre-set page; opening the Store and searching for the application fails.

In the preset page - example "graphics" for the application...

Each of the sample application pages show an odd combination of different softwares -- a little bit of old digitalpersona security icons, an icon from HP SimplePass...

The author is somebody named Maxz.

The website opens to a blank page with a bit of text across the top.

I do not trust the link to be a legitimate application for Chrome.

Looks like trouble.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The link to this extension is at sofware notification window "Open in Web Store"hp client security manager extension.png

So why do you think it's not official? Anyway question is about unavailable option at new version of Chrome browser or disabling notifications from software about not working plugin.

HP Recommended

I get a message that the site is not safe when I click the link, so it looks unsafe to me. If this is a legitimate HP resource, you need to have a conversation with Webroot. 

HP Recommended

ELITE X2 

HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 360

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.