Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone.

Recently my the scrolling direction on my x360 Spectre change to default settings after an auto driver install. That is when I use my two fingers and drag them towards the screen the page moves down. I prefer it the other way around - two fingers dragged towards me and the page moves downs as well. I find it to be more natural: down=down. I know I had to revert the direction the first time I got my laptop, and back then there was an explicit option to tick/untick for choosing it.

Well, i didnt find it this time around, so I browsed through the support suggestion. I did find what I was looking for (sort of). See a screen shot "Example":

.Example.PNG

It is supposed to be controlled by the option: "Enable reverse scrolling direction".   However, this is what I have on my side:
Mine.PNG

The option is not there. I tried re-installing touchpad drivers. Had a Windows 10 guy browse in my PC  - still nothing. How do I change it?

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Stamov

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

The option for reverse scrolling seems to be missing and replaced by Chiral scrolling after the update. This update could be from the manufacturer itself.

With most touchpads you can scroll using the right-side but you have to keep lifting your finger when you get to the bottom of the pad. With touchpads that have "chiral scrolling" ability, when you get to the bottom of the pad you can move to the left and move your finger in a circle to keep scrolling until you take your finger off the pad

May I know how did you update the Touchpad driver?

Please update the Touchpad driver form our Support Site https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  and check if you get the reverse scrolling option

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @KrazyToad,

Thanks for taking the time to look into my issue and provide an answer.

I used the following driver:Driver.PNG

There seems to be 2 versions of it, the other one being from May 2018. After installing it I still don't see the option.

Am I using the correct one? Is there another one I should be trying?

Cheers,

Alex

HP Recommended

@Stamov

I suggest you Reset the Notebook and check. Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.