Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15u G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to use HP Client Security. The first step is to enter my windows password but this is not recognized.

The problem is that I am logging in using my Microsoft Work account i.e. Office365 subscription account email address.

If I login using a local computer account then HP Client Security works ok.

Can anybody help with this problem ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with 0365 Business Account username and password. Did anyone find an answer for this issue? Thanks

HP Recommended

HP Client Security Software that comes with Laptops does not recognize Windows 10 Office365 accounts. Use the latest version of HP Client Security available at HP Client Management Solutions Website https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82080.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link. Downloaded and installed. BUT still the same problem.

When logging in using local account ... no problem.

Using the O365 AzureAD account info to log in still has same problem. To use any feature of HP Security Manager the first step is to put in "Windows Password". The AzureAD password is not recognised. I tried all the other local account passwords just in case. But still does not work.

HP Recommended

Okay all working !!!

Uninstalled HP Security Client.

Tried hard to get rid of all the left over elements ... in the registry and file system

Used this thread ...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Client-Security-Manager-Setu...

Also used CCleaner

Re booted...

Installed latest HP Security Client ... thanks DrAdeelAkram

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82080.exe

HP Recommended

Not so good. The solution only works intermittantly. I cannot figure it out.

After clean up and re-installing latest version it all seemed to work. 

Then some time later after a re-boot. It did not work.  Then yesturday it was working again.

Today ... not working. 

It seems as if the system gets confused as to which identity is logged in, although I always use the O365 domain email to log in.

Any ideas ?

HP Recommended

I am loging in with a local administrator account (not administrator), but another account that is an administrator account.  It will not take my password.  Do I need to enable the administrator account and use that password?

HP Recommended

My issue was resolved.  The problem was that I had disabled my administrator account and was using another account as the administrator.  It needed the password of the built-in administrator account not the admin account I was using.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem 2019-07-18

2.png

Red error message (this case in Swedish) with error code (0x8007052E) 

(For search engines 0x8007052E )

1. First I tried all possible ways to remove the software but got information that it was not connected to an app or a standard app so I was not removable. I also tried deleting it the hard way (deleting installation folder) also followed online manuals with REGISTRY deletion and NOTHING worked. Contacted HP support and they couldnt fix this. 

Issue: If you use office 365 for windows your windows password is not working in the HP CLIENT SECURITY interface. Even though you enter the correct password. 

NOT WORKING:

• Try to mix with registry (it's okey if you already did but it's not the best way to go)
  • DOS Mode (F10 on startup) and chainging login settings - that might help you into windows if you didnt even get pass that step though.
  • Deleting the folder with the files
  • Creating a local admin account - (ONLY LOCAL ACCOUNT - NOT connected to a microsoft e-mail). Issue is that the local account didnt login to the computer at all - no able to login with local account only.

WORKING:

1. Make sure to create a user to the computer with a normal (non-business) microsoft account xyz@hotmail.com for instance. If you dont have such an account create a new standard hotmail account. 

Make sure to create the account using this e-mail.

2. Assign this new account a administration role

3. Logout and login with your "hotmail" or other microsoft email account (NOT a OFFICE 365 business account).

a) Once logged into windows - open HP CLIENT SECURITY.

b) Go to the general security function (dont know the exact english term) - main settings.

c) There should be three options mainly turning the software off. 

Logout and login with your office 365 account. 

Once un-checked you should be able to use your office 365 account as usual again (for instance login using a pin code)

So not really removing the software - but atleast de-activating its functions. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.