Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Computer black screen and won’t start up

HP Recommended
HP Laptop Model 15-dw0037wm

My Laptop broke about 6to 8 months ago and now only shows me a black screen that loads to a screen under the title “HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.” It shows a Memory Test, a Hard Drive Check Language and Exit under words that say “Version 1.24.0.0 - BIOS.” and I’m not sure what to do. When I press enter on the memory test it proceeds to Memory Quick Check and when finished says this “ Memory Quick Check : Passed. After that I go Back to main menu and enter the hard drive check where it hives me two options quick and extensive check. I do Quick first and when done it says this” Testing Drive: 1 SMART Check : PASSED Short DST : FAILED and gives me the failure of and id though I don’t know if I should put those on here. If needed I’ll post later. The Extensive Check says the same thing as before but instead of Short DST it says Long DST : FAILED. What do I do this is the only computer I have and I would really Lomé to be able to use it again, thanks for reading.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation