10-30-2019 03:20 PM
My laptop has been running extremely slowly. It's not the network as other computers and devices run fine. When starting up my laptop it gives me an error message stating that system board 00a is missing. I noticed that a few other people have had this issue but have been unable to find a fix. Another issue, which I'm uncertain as to if it is related or not, is that it will only charge while closed and otherwise runs on battery. I would appreciate any help or advice that someone may be able to provide.
11-02-2019 03:30 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
- What is the operating system?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
11-04-2019 03:45 PM
Thank you for responding,
This happened quite awhile ago, maybe 2 years, but I have been putting off trying to fix it for financial reasons.
I haven't made any changes to the laptop at all, hardware, software or otherwise.
My model number is M2C20UA#ABL
The operating system is windows 10
11-04-2019 06:45 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee