Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has suddenly lost the HKserv.exe file and I cannot find a working download link for one. This is part of a larger problem thats source is the missing program

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think that file is part of the hotkey support.

I suggest you reinstall the HP system event utility that should be on the driver page for your specific model notebook.

It is normally found under the software - solutions section.

Official HP® Support

HP Recommended

All the links I can find to the download end in 404's

HP Recommended

See if this one works for you...

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

1.40   Feb 6, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101543.exe

HP Recommended

That didn't fix it. I'm trying to get it to fix this issue (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/cannot-install-hotkey-update-for-101-102-keys/td-p/77...) but my computer is missing the pre-requisite file to do this fix that worked for this person.

I'm having constant problems with drivers and have traced it back to this but since my computer is missing a lot of core components that have seemed to have broken randomly over the years and all the drivers on the hp support are suddenly incompatible with the system because it has broken even more fundamental sections that the drivers rely on to install. I've somewhat tried to fix it over the years but with little or no instructions on how to fix these things it's becoming more and more difficult. I'd take it to a repair shop but the closest one is 3 hours away.

Is there a way to install the hkserv.exe and all the files that go along with it? As I cannot fix my problem without it

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to:

Uninstall the HP system event utility software if it installed.

It should be listed in the Windows control panel>programs if it installed.

Then restart the PC.

Upgrade the Omen Gaming Hub to the latest version.

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

Then install the system event utility from the Microsoft Store.

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

See this related discussion...

Solved: HP OMEN 15 - OMEN Gaming Hub | HP System Event Utility - HP Support Community - 7939640

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.