Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I purchased my Hp envy 360 laptop at Best Buy about a week ago. It was an open box purchase because It was in near perfect condition . I tryed charging it but it only charges when it is in sleep mode or either closed . When I plug it in while its in it has a white light and the battery days plugged in ; not charging . But when I close it there is a orange light and a couple hours later it's fully charged . I assumed I had a bad battery but I ran a battery test and it said my battery was fine . Because it charges when it's closed I assumed their was a setting I could just switch but i don't know what to do .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Leroyfour,

Please try with system restore i think that should help you with the issue.

Steps to do a system restore

1. Open Reset this PC. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery and click Get started below Reset this PC.
  2. Reset Windows 10, but save your files. On the next screen, click Keep my files and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Windows 10.
  3. Reset this PC from Safe Mode.

Regards
SATISHP4

Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Leroyfour,

Please try with system restore i think that should help you with the issue.

Steps to do a system restore

1. Open Reset this PC. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery and click Get started below Reset this PC.
  2. Reset Windows 10, but save your files. On the next screen, click Keep my files and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Windows 10.
  3. Reset this PC from Safe Mode.

Regards
SATISHP4

HP Recommended

I tried that but it still shows Plugged in ; Not charging 

HP Recommended
Plugged in but not charging should be the case when the battery is charged more then 90 or 95%... It is a system to stop the battery charging to 100 percent since that would decrease the lifetime of the battery... let me know if this is the case
HP Recommended
Plugged in but not charging should be the case when the battery is charged more then 90 or 95%... It is a system to stop the battery charging to 100 percent since that would decrease the lifetime of the battery... let me know if this is the case

Regards
SATISHP4

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My computer is on 27 percent and it is still saying plugged in but not charging

HP Recommended

I have thesame problem on my HP Pavilion x360 13-s162nb

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.