Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy X360 Convertibe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 Envy PC's. when I'm using the Envy Laptop, support assistant will show updates for the Envy desktop. I move to the desktop to check and assistant shows updates available for the laptop and to please sign into to proceed. I sign in to either one and no updates. Very confusing!! I performed uninstall/reinstall assistant on both machines with no improvement. Is there an update to the updater?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Billr920

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure: Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

And install the HP support assistant from here: Download HP Support Assistant on both the systems. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Billr920

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure: Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

And install the HP support assistant from here: Download HP Support Assistant on both the systems. 

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I uninstalled assistant from both machines, including any trace history. rebooted and reinstalled, not allowing assistant to see other devices to hopefully force an isolation. checked for updates on each pc separately with the other one off. no updates found. Then, I signed into assistant with my HP account on each pc and had same condition. The Desktop shows 30 updates available for the laptop and the laptop shows 30 updates available for the desktop but both machines themselves do not show available updates, except I do now keep getting a bios update on the laptop for f.46 which is already installed. Wondering if this is a IP problem. I am particularly careful with the desktop as it is my Music Production PC and works quite well and don't want to screw it up. 

On another note: if you don't mind and have some advice, I would like to completely eliminate the power save mode on the desk top.  I have changed power settings many times and even created a power profile as well as unlocking MS ultimate power mode, but the machine at times decides to revert to power save mode which then interferes with music creation. Any thoughts!

thank you

HP Recommended

@Billr920

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try to resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.