Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was able to successfully connect a Bose SoundLink portable speaker and Sony Wireless headphones to my HP Pavilion notebook.  However, when I play music stored in my hard drive on either audio device, the sound keeps going in and out like a person does when they tell someone that they have a bad phone connection.  That is, you only hear every third word or so.

When I use the notebook embedded speakers, or connect speakers using the audio jack, the music sounds fine.

All other Bluetooth devices connected to my HP share information fine (Samsung phone, Samsung tablet, Toshiba tablet, etc.), so the Bluetooth connection seems to be working.

Any thoughts on why audio connections don't play music properly?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@T4est 

You've answered your own question -- when these other BT devices work just fine with your laptop, and the Bose and Sony units do not -- the problem must lie with those units.

You would have to contact Bose and Sony to see what they suggest in terms of BT settings and troubleshooting options.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

If it were only one audio/speaker, I would agree with your initial troubleshooting step.  However, they are two different manufacturers and exhibit the same problem.  To further my troubleshooting, I connected a JBL Bluetooth speaker this morning and had the same problem.

That indicates that I should explore the HP notebook as my first step, but wasn't sure where to start.

Thanks for your suggestion!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.