Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Connecting Bluetooth audio devices

HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was able to successfully connect a Bose SoundLink portable speaker and Sony Wireless headphones to my HP Pavilion notebook.  However, when I play music stored in my hard drive on either audio device, the sound keeps going in and out like a person does when they tell someone that they have a bad phone connection.  That is, you only hear every third word or so.

When I use the notebook embedded speakers, or connect speakers using the audio jack, the music sounds fine.

All other Bluetooth devices connected to my HP share information fine (Samsung phone, Samsung tablet, Toshiba tablet, etc.), so the Bluetooth connection seems to be working.

Any thoughts on why audio connections don't play music properly?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,646 32,546 2,958 7,270
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@T4est 

You've answered your own question -- when these other BT devices work just fine with your laptop, and the Bose and Sony units do not -- the problem must lie with those units.

You would have to contact Bose and Sony to see what they suggest in terms of BT settings and troubleshooting options.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
T4est
Author
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it were only one audio/speaker, I would agree with your initial troubleshooting step.  However, they are two different manufacturers and exhibit the same problem.  To further my troubleshooting, I connected a JBL Bluetooth speaker this morning and had the same problem.

That indicates that I should explore the HP notebook as my first step, but wasn't sure where to start.

Thanks for your suggestion!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation