Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having the same problems that others have had and HP has not found a solution. My Dell DW316 external USB DVD Drive works fine with CD's. However when I try to load the included Cyberlink Media Suite 12 that is listed as compatable with Windows 10, the HP computer stops the install and gives an HP error message. As a result I cannot play DVD movies on this drive. I attempted alternate softwars and again the computer gives an HP Error Message preventing installation of other DVD player software. I would NOT have purchased this unit if I had known that some HP driver would stop the use of DVD media player software. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP software will only install on a HP PC that has the built in DVD drive.

It is that way for any HP PC ever made, not just your model.

You can use the free VLC DVD playing software from the Microsoft Store to play DVD's on an external drive.

Get VLC - Microsoft Store

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.