Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN laptop
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I have an OMEN laptop that is slow on start up because of the gaming software (Happened after upgrading to windows 11).

I would like to delete all the gaming software as I never use it, but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Daniel_OMEN2021 

In Windows 11, you go into Settings --> Apps --> Apps & features

Then you scroll down through the apps list and when you find one to delete, click on the three dots on the right and choose Uninstall.

If the app is not listed there, you can not remove it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks so much, I've managed to uninstall almost all the gaming software, the only remaining things are "Xbox Gaming Bar" and "Gaming Services", for which the Uninstall option is grayed out, even after terminating the relative tasks in the task manager.

Any idea why?

Daniel 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.