Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15t-df100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All, 

Just in the last 2 or so days, whenever I have any desktop notifications pop up on my computer, it causes the fan to kick on high for a couple seconds, then it runs on a low roar and then shuts off. And then it'll keep doing that after every desktop notification. (I use instant messaging apps like Microsoft Teams and Discord for work and it does this when the notifs pop up on screen )

I thought it was something to do with the speaker at first so I turned the sound off and it keeps doing it. It's coming from the bottom right side of the computer. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to pinpoint the cause to something with the bottom right speaker. 

I ended up chatting with an HP technician and they found out that my computer had several updates including a BIOS update. After the BIOS update the issue is now fixed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I was able to pinpoint the cause to something with the bottom right speaker. 

I ended up chatting with an HP technician and they found out that my computer had several updates including a BIOS update. After the BIOS update the issue is now fixed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.