cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
rahulyogi
Level 1
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Disable laptop battery without removing it

HP Recommended
HP 241G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP 241G1 notebook for the last 6 years and now the battery starts troubling me. Now notebook doesn't start with battery power no matter how much time I charge it. I know it came near to end of its life that's why i am using AC supply all the time to use my laptop.

But I want a simple way to disable the battery by some setting or software as I am going to use AC power all the time. The battery always gives me notification at boot that the battery has damaged, so replaced it.

I can remove the battery physically and start the laptop with AC power but it gives a bad look to my laptop. So I want to know is there any tool that can completely disable the battery use and charge but leaving the battery attached?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,610 27,042 3,123 6,760
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rahulyogi 

Sorry, but there is no way to disable the battery through any settings -- you have to physically disconnect it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation