Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks alot.

it worked for me 🙂

HP Recommended

You lost me at Control Panel.... After that, nothing you cited was relevant to my Windows7 laptop!

HP Recommended

I am trying it now.

HP Recommended

Thanks. You solved my problem!

HP Recommended

I just uninstalled the HP Advisor Dock after realising that 

1. It has never actually advised me on anything at all, except perhaps buying more useless software that I don't need.

2. It has been seriously degrading the performance of my laptop, turning it from what should be a reasonably performing machine (G62 with Core i3) into something that is reminiscent of a frickin 286 running Windows 3.11 in 1993!!

OK, so the solution was simple enough, but I'm actually really angry that HP release software that degrades the performance of their own laptops. I work in software development, so I appreciate that there are multiple factors that can affect application performance, and you can't realistically test all configurations, but, for Turing's sake, this is one of your own laptops and I'm not doing anything unusual. I browse the internet, run Excel and maybe Spotify and have McAfee AV in the background. Is that too much multi-tasking to ask of a multicore processor in the 21st Century? Was HP Advisor some kind of intern project that made it into the wild by mistake?

Grrr! If you want my advice HP, please desist from developing pointless layers of software that add absolutely nothing to the usability of a desktop that MS UX guys have already tried to optimise.

HP Recommended
Windows 7 has slightly different terminology, but I found my way "in" and your suggestion worked flawlessly. Thank you!
HP Recommended

select discover your pc, settings,general,choose your settings and apply

HP Recommended

Thanks for a simple solution for which I've been searching FOR SO LONG!

HP Recommended

That worked for me. ( Elitebook 8440p) Thank you, I'm a happy man now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.