• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Oh alright..is there any other way I can try and fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What type of harddrive? Since my model is the hp envy 23 which one do I need? Could you please send a link for the one I need. Thank you 

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,563 9,465 763 3,508
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Remember11 wrote:

What type of harddrive? Since my model is the hp envy 23 which one do I need? Could you please send a link for the one I need. Thank you 

Hello,

You can take any hard disk drive (HDD), solid state hybrid drive (SSHD) or solid state drive (SSD) which is 2.5 inch size, SATA connection. You can take it from any online or local tech store. Below are links to some examples (note that you may take these or another similar ones from a different place)  :

>> SSHD >> 1 TB capacity (1TB=1024GB) >> 2.5 inch in size >> SATA connection >> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-firecuda-1tb-internal-sata-hybrid-hard-drive-for-laptops/616493...

>> SSD >> 500 GB capacity >> 2.5 inch in size >> SATA connection >> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-blue-500gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive/6025802.p?skuId=6025802

>> SSD >> 1 TB capacity >> 2.5 inch in size >> SATA connection >> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-blue-1tb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive/6025900.p?skuId=6025900

HDDs are the oldest technology, SSDs are newer. SSDs are faster and more reliable - however, they are slightly more expensive.

SSHD is in between (combo between HDD and some flash "SSD" cache). SSHD are best combo if you want bigger capacity and improved speed. SSDs are best if you want best speed

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

You may be able to do it on your own - just watch the previously posted video and read the PDF instructions (on page 1)

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** Volunteer *** My location: Europe ***
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation