Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook pc 2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and now I can't do anything on my labtop cause the screen wont stop blinking I tried to do a system reset to go back before I updated it but it said history files were turned off so it couldn't find any points for me to reset from. What can I do to make this screen stop blinking please please help?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hi,

What is the exact model name, product number of your laptop?
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

What do you mean by screen is blinking? Is the laptop powering on? Are you able to go to BIOS setup on tapping F2 or ESC key as soon as you power on on?

Only way I know to go back to Windows 7 is to use HP recovery media and factory reset OS.

Have you created recovery discs/USB after first setup of this laptop, which you should have done in the first place?

Can you read all 25 character windows 7 product activation key printed in COA sticker on the back of laptop?

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

It turns on but the screen flashs/ blinks and I can't click on anything 

My mom can't find the recovery disk she made back when she bought it

HP Recommended

Please answer my queries.

HP Recommended

Ok I'm not sure what the model number is. And no I can't do anything besides login then the screen starts flashing and never stops

HP Recommended

Are you able to go to BIOS setup on tapping F2 or ESC key as soon as you power on on?

What do you mean by login?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Glad everything is good now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.