Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased Hp Omen 17t- Ck000 (2021). It came pre installed with windows 11 and has a digital license. I am having some issues with windows 11 due to which I want to downgrade it to win 10 but the only thing I am worried about is whether I will lose my digital license if a do a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop or will I be able to activate my win 10 with the same digital license. ?

Your assistance will be really appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will be able to clean install W10 and it will be activated.

If you decide to upgrade back from W10 to W11, that will work just fine.

You can install the W10 drivers from your notebook's support page.

OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will be able to clean install W10 and it will be activated.

If you decide to upgrade back from W10 to W11, that will work just fine.

You can install the W10 drivers from your notebook's support page.

OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. I did the fresh installation of win 10 and later when I inserted my Microsoft account, windows 10 automatically recognized the digital license and was activated!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.