Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17-u108ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

Is HP Support Assistant (HPSA) available from the Microsoft Store? I tried searching for it myself but can't find it.

Someone has said that they have downloaded version 9.3.141.0, but I can't find where they got it. The version 9 appears to fix a problem that has been ongoing. I can only find version 8 from the HPSA website.

Thanks,

Shane.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

My support assistant has not found a download in over six months!!!

HP Recommended

I think the Microsoft Store might be region-restricted. If so, then the HPSA might appear to some people, but not to myself (in Canada).

Shane.

HP Recommended

Important.PNG

My Dashboard says that there is an important new message, but when I click on "Learn more", I get an error message saying "The website declined to show this webpage", otherwise known as a HTTP 403 error . The link it is to open is:

https://content.methone.hpcloud.hp.net/messages/00000080-8000-1000-2000-000000000001/en-CA/Index.htm...

Thanks,

Shane.

HP Recommended

The moderator keeps moving stuff around without any explanation.

Shane.

HP Recommended

Something I've noticed since using this newer version of HPSA is that occaionally I get a notification saying my firewall is turned off. I mark it as read but then a few days later, it marks itself as unread again.

Other than that, I've not had a single notification of a new update or download. Something isn't right here. I'm going to try and reinstall the older version and see what happens.

HP Recommended

HP Support AssistantHP Support Assistant

I just purchased an HP 17-ca1007ca for a friend, and their HP Support Assistant doesn't look anything like mine. I can't even find the version number for it. Does anyone recognise this?

Thanks,

Shane.

HP Recommended

Hello @Shanester 

That looks like the new Windows App version 9 series. I used that a while back and did not like it. Yes it was missing info like the version number. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older version 8 series.

Use the one from HP instead. I don't think you should have any trouble getting the link to download in Canada...

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Should be SP93087 from the download link.

Don't grab the Windows S version.

Just a precaution I always like to give... its a good idea to create a Windows restore point before uninstalling/upgrading programs. Just in case something goes wrong.  Also, most of us don't use the HPSA for updating drivers. We just go directly to the models driver page and grab them.

Let me know if you have trouble.

HP Recommended

HPSA has been updated to version 8.8.24.33, but the problem persists.

Shane.

HP Recommended

Im guessing if it still looks like the above image, you still dont have version 8 installed.

Did you uninstall the HPSA first, then install the download I pointed to?

If so, I dont know whats happening. All I can suggest is to contact HP and see if they can help further (unless you're out of warranty). Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.