Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

Can you help me finding the driver for Bluetooth, for my Windows 7 64 bit ?

I searched a lot but without any luck. At some point I discovered this install which it finished properly until the end, but I don't get any option in Computer Management for Bluetooth, and also any network adapter for it.

I have a HP 250 G6 Notebook PC.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

Whether or not the notebook has bluetooth is dependent on the model wifi adapter it has.

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

My Wi-fi adapter it's Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need this W7 bluetooth driver for that model wifi card...2nd file down on the left is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28268/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-7-?product=9485...

HP Recommended

Al right. I did this.

But now, I can't find the bluetooth icon app. 

I can't see any bluetooth adapter, and it looks like I don't have bluetooth instaled at all at the Computer Management, beside it has some files on the C drive.

PS: I already restarted the PC.

HP Recommended

Install the HP connection manager software, restart the PC, and see if you can turn on the bluetooth by using the HP connection manager software controls...

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82423.exe

HP Recommended

Yes. I installed but ... I don't know how to use it.

I discovered that I can run Bluetooth Device Operations and Settings, and there it looks like this :Bluetooth is not enableBluetooth is not enable

So my guess it's I have to enable it somehow ... 

HP Recommended

What does the connection manager show when you launch it?

You should have an option to turn the bluetooth on using the connection manager software.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

What does the connection manager show when you launch it?

You should have an option to turn the bluetooth on using the connection manager software.

connection manager looks like this, when I launch it ....Capture_1.JPG

And in my computer manager I have no recognition of bluetooth, as you can see : Capture_2.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at your screenshot, there is no existance of any bluetooth hardware as you pointed out.

I guess that model wifi card only works completely on W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.