Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce0068st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My device manager shows that "Other Devices/Detection Verification" has no device installed. Update device cannot find a driver. One answer in the forum said:

Between the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver and the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver, one of these driver setups unzipped an appropriate driver somewhere on c:\swsetup. I was able to manually install the driver from one of that folder's subfolders after running the above mentioned driver package setups.

I installed both the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver and the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver, but still could not faind a driver for Detection Verification.

My questions

1. What does Detection Verification do?

2. Do I need it at all>

3. Where do I download its driver if I need it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Anderson2244, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand when you open device manager on your PC you are getting devices/detection verification no device installed error.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you installed any new hardware on your PC?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Try updating the BIOS, Audio and chipset drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

Update the audio drivers using this link. Click Here

Also, try the steps recommended below.

To view error codes in Device Manager, follow these steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Select Device Manager in the menu.

Figure : Device Manager

Device Manager
  3. Double-click a device type (for example, double-click Display Adapters) to view the devices in that category.

4. Right-click the desired device and click Properties.

Figure : Display adapters

Device Manager with display adapter selected

Refer this article to further troubleshoot device manager errors. Click Here

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Anderson2244, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand when you open device manager on your PC you are getting devices/detection verification no device installed error.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you installed any new hardware on your PC?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Try updating the BIOS, Audio and chipset drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

Update the audio drivers using this link. Click Here

Also, try the steps recommended below.

To view error codes in Device Manager, follow these steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Select Device Manager in the menu.

Figure : Device Manager

Device Manager
  3. Double-click a device type (for example, double-click Display Adapters) to view the devices in that category.

4. Right-click the desired device and click Properties.

Figure : Display adapters

Device Manager with display adapter selected

Refer this article to further troubleshoot device manager errors. Click Here

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. You solved it.

Yes, I had replaced the hdd with a ssd from another W10 laptop.

I updated the bios, chipset drivers, and audio drivers and the problem disappeared. Bravo!

2 questions if I may:

1. What was that Detection verification that needed a driver? I can not longer find it in Device Manager which no longer has any yellow exclamation marks.

2. I have a problem with the touchpad being too sensitive. Even a light touch makes the cursor jump away. Which touchpad setting do I need to change? The current driver is for the Synaptics SMBus ClickPad which I obtained from your driver support website.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Anderson2244, thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I'm glad to know after updating the BIOS, audio and chipset drivers solved your issue.

Also, to answer your other question it was the chipset driver which needed to be installed on your PC.

To solve the touchpad issue try the steps recommended below.

Right-click on ‘My Computer’ and then select ‘Properties’ in the context menu. This opens ‘System Properties’ dialog box.
Click on the ‘Hardware’ tab and then on the ‘Device Manager’. Here you will find an entry titled ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ in the ‘Device Manager’ window. When you double-click on this entry, it shows the touchpad as a PS/2 Compatible Mouse.
Right-click on this entry to go to the properties of the touchpad, select ‘Advanced Settings’, and then click on ‘Sample Rate’. You can reduce the degree of sensitivity here.
Follow this tip and you can solve the ‘jumping cursor’ problem easily.

The Sensitivity options allow you to adjust the responsiveness of the TouchPad to the pressure of your touch. Click to highlight Sensitivity.

Figure : Sensitivity on the properties page

Sensitivity on the properties page

Clicking the Settings icon  opens a window that allows you to control how much finger pressure must be applied before the TouchPad responds.

Figure : Sensitivity settings window

Sensitivity settings window

Refer this article to know more information about using the touchpad. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.