Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please i need the direct link to download drivers for my HP Pavilion g6-1b50us  (bios precisely ). Each time i tried to access the the drivers after inserting my serial number or model number, it kept saying ''We were unable to find drivers for your product'' I am using another PC to access the website because my G6 is not coming up so i guess that is why i am getting that .Whenever i turn my Pavilion G6 on, the caps lock keeps blinking and i was told to make a USB bios recovery to reset the bios. So i need the direct so i can download it and create a USB recovery. Or you can upload it on a sharing website and send the link to me.

I downloaded some from an external links, but they do not have the bios recovery option, they just run on my system and finish the installation.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I answered your post below.

The only BIOS files that were available for your notebook are all exe files.

Re: software download link for m yPavilion G6-1b50us - HP Support Community - 8334384

HP has retired support for your notebook.

There are no BIOS updates that run from DOS or a flash drive.

You have to use a free utility like 7-Zip to extract the files out of the BIOS update exe file.

7-Zip

Download and save the F.49 BIOS file from the drivers collection site I posted.

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the F.49 sp60593 BIOS file from the link I gave you in your other post.

Right click on the file.  Select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp60593).

Once that is done, you can open the folder and see the BIOS update files.

The person in this discussion explains what you need to do with the files after you extract them from the exe file.

Solved: Re: Fixing a Compaq Presario CQ61-320SA - HP Support Community - 8304359

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.