Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Presario CQ56-102er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello! Want put Windows 8.1 on notebook HP Compaq Presario CQ56-102er,but drivers for Windows 8.1 on my notebook there is no.
Tell me,where can I find the drivers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Changing a wifi card in that model series is next to impossible because of the BIOS whitelist that prevents any unsupported wifi card from working.

You would have to get one of the other cards listed in the service manual for your PC's model series and it must have the HP part number on it or it will not work.

And there is no 100% guarantee that if you even get a card with the part number on it, that it will work, since it is not the same card in your notebook right now.

The only wifi card listed in the service manual that has any chance of the BT working on W8.1 is this one...and I can't guarantee it will, because even that one has an old version bluetooth radio.

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR combo adapter (BT3.0+HS ready) 

HP part # 600370-001

The only place you will be able to find one of those cards is on eBay and it must have the HP part number on it or it will not work.  In other words, you can't just buy any Broadcom 4313 wifi card.

I usually only buy cards on eBay where they show a picture of the actual card for sale with the HP part number showing on the label.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not support that model series for W8 or newer.

For whatever drivers W8.1 does not install, try the W7 drivers, which in most cases will work.

HP Recommended

Work. Bluetooth does not work after reboot. Got a solution? 
Maybe there is a laptop with similar characteristics to Windows 8? Maybe it will fit the drivers.

HP Recommended

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

If it is any kind of Ralink model, the bluetooth will not work on W8 or newer.

HP Recommended

Ralink. This means wi-fi module should be changed?

HP Recommended

Changing a wifi card in that model series is next to impossible because of the BIOS whitelist that prevents any unsupported wifi card from working.

You would have to get one of the other cards listed in the service manual for your PC's model series and it must have the HP part number on it or it will not work.

And there is no 100% guarantee that if you even get a card with the part number on it, that it will work, since it is not the same card in your notebook right now.

The only wifi card listed in the service manual that has any chance of the BT working on W8.1 is this one...and I can't guarantee it will, because even that one has an old version bluetooth radio.

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR combo adapter (BT3.0+HS ready) 

HP part # 600370-001

The only place you will be able to find one of those cards is on eBay and it must have the HP part number on it or it will not work.  In other words, you can't just buy any Broadcom 4313 wifi card.

I usually only buy cards on eBay where they show a picture of the actual card for sale with the HP part number showing on the label.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Excuse me! Can you give me a link to this wi-fi card?

HP Recommended

HI

It's hard to find a seller that ships worldwide...

This card comes from China, but they say they ship to the Russian Federation...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-For-HP-Broadcom-BCM4313-BCM94313HMGB-Wifi-Bluetooth-Combo-Card-600370-0...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.