Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY COMPUTER JUST STARTED SHOWING THIS ERROR ON START UP.

ERROR IN C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NVSPCAP64.DLL MISSING ENTRY: SHADOWPLAYONSYSTEMSTART

HOW DO I REPAIR THIS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MICHAELROYBAL22 wrote:

ERROR IN C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NVSPCAP64.DLL MISSING ENTRY: SHADOWPLAYONSYSTEMSTART

HOW DO I REPAIR THIS?

This error message is related to the NVIDIA graphics drivers/Experience software.  Have you recently updated or installed any of the graphics drivers on your PC?  The best scenario would be to go into the Apps & Features utility and uninstall all the NVIDIA drivers/software, then reinstall the most recent supported version for your notebook.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MICHAELROYBAL22 wrote:

HOW DO I REPAIR THIS?

This error message is related to the NVIDIA graphics drivers/Experience software.  Have you recently updated or installed any of the graphics drivers on your PC?  The best scenario would be to go into the Apps & Features utility and uninstall all the NVIDIA drivers/software, then reinstall the most recent supported version for your notebook.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I JUST REINSTALLED IT AND OVERWROTE THE NVIDIA UPDATE, ITS WEIRD BECAUSE I DIDNT DO ANYCHANGES TO CAUSE THE ERROR TO COME UP, IT MUST OF BEEN ANOTHER UPDATE THAT CAUSED IT. PROBLEM FIXED THANKS! 

HP Recommended
Sir i am using hp laptop Windows 10 64 bit

MY LAPTOP JUST STARTED SHOWING THIS ERROR ON START UP.

HOW DO I REPAIR THIS?
HP Recommended

A recent HP update also blew up my NVIDIA drivers, so I removed the latest driver and the "Experience" package, which contains the ShadowPlay component. I left the original driver for my laptop from Dec 2017, with no impact to my display. The best part .... no more annoying missing DLL error message. Thanks so very much for the post!

HP Recommended

How to reinstall NVIDEA software again . Is it avaialable in web

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.