1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

EliteBook 840 G3 notebook can't open external HDD

HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP EliteBook 840 G3 notebook can't open the Maxtor 4TB external HDD. It loads it between devices, but it doesn't recognize the partition, so I can't access the files on it. At the same time, my HP Pro X2 tablet, Asus ultrabook and MacBook Pro work normally with this disk.
BIOS and drivers are fine. The notebook reads flash drives (32GB, 64GB) normally. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? If so, could you advise me on what to do?
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,324 29,234 2,670 6,447
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vjarko 

When you say it does not recognize the partition, what does it show in Disk Management console -- which you open by entering "create and format" in the search area and selecting that option.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation