Level 1
15 6 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Emails received from HP

HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been getting emails from appears to be HP. I usually get alerts and HP Assistant is used to see the updates/messages. How do I know if the emails are ok and can safely click to update my laptop? One received today is relative to me for I have Realtek in my system. It seems I should do the update but I won't until I know I can safely do it.

2 REPLIES 2
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 25,687 1,959 2,607
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nininger

I reviewed your post and I understand that you have received an email to update the audio driver on your computer and you want to know whether it is safe to do so.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you go to the HP support assistant on your computer and manually check for updates instead of clicking on any link received in an email. However, it is good to keep the email notifications from HP on as it will give you important information/updates related to your computer.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
olivermiller
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry i don't have any idea

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation