Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Right now, when I close the lid or otherwise put my computer into Sleep mode, I have to press the power button to wake it back up again. I feel that this is putting way too much stress on the power button to be using it all the time... I've already had to replace the power button in my daughter's older Envy twice, and I don't want to do the same for mine!

Several help articles talk as if I should be able to wake it up with the keyboard, but that does not work. A help article says to go to Device Manager | Keyboards | select the keyboard | Power management.... but this computer does not have a Power Management tab for the keyboard in the Device Manager. 

The Advanced power management settings do allow you to set what happens when you close the lid, etc.  I have all of those set to Sleep. But no where can I find any sort of control over what will wake the computer up. 

Does anyone know of a way to set the computer so that I can wake it up WITHOUT pressing the power button? Like I said, pressing the power button works fine, but I don't think the button is going to stand up well to being pressed multiple times per day. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The solution is very simple just open CONTROL PANEL then go to HARDWARE AND SOUND then to POWER OPTIONS and then CHOOSE WHAT CLOSING LID DOES and there you can adjust the settings accordingly.

I'm not an HP employee and nor do work for HP

If this is the solution that you wanted then click THUMBS UP and click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.