Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq 15 h000sb

My laptop is running on Windows 10 family  64bits version 1803.
Since a couple of days, I get an error D3DSCache shown into the  Application data directory.
The system is automaticaly create three files one with extention IDX, one with . LOCK and the
last in blue color with extention VAL.

I able the delete the three files but the are coming back very quickly.

From my investigations appears that the issue is created by taskmgr.exe !!!

How can i get rid of this issue ?????

Tks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JHDBelgium,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very good day to you!  I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Excellent description and good presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did it appear after a software or Windows update?
  • Did you visit any third-party website after which this happened?
  • Did you run a complete virus and malware scan on the computer to check for trojans, viruses or malware?
  • Send a screenshot or an image of what exactly happens on the screen to assist you correctly.
  • Is your security software up to date with the latest updates installed on it?

Furnish all the requested information for me to assist you correctly.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JHDBelgium,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very good day to you!  I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Excellent description and good presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did it appear after a software or Windows update?
  • Did you visit any third-party website after which this happened?
  • Did you run a complete virus and malware scan on the computer to check for trojans, viruses or malware?
  • Send a screenshot or an image of what exactly happens on the screen to assist you correctly.
  • Is your security software up to date with the latest updates installed on it?

Furnish all the requested information for me to assist you correctly.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello DavidSMP,
Tks for your reply to my post requesting help for above mentionned issue.

I am very sorry, but I am not  able to tell you  when or how this has happened.
I found this looking through my machine files for to save disk place by erasing " temp" files.
Doing this,  I discover a blue record which drauwn my attention.

My laptot is protected by NORTON Virus software for which I am paying yearly fees.
Norton is updating automaticaly the software.

At recept of your reply, I went to the Norton web site and  I download "Norton Power Eraser" which is

an agressive process to detect trojans, viruses or malware and I did run this.
Results are:  No mallicious found.

To confirm the Norton results I have runned also Adwearcleaner.

Therefore I am deleting this D3DSCache directory again, the security seems to be OK.

This error doesn't affect my computer process then  I can live with this anyway.

Tks a lot for your help and  your time. I'll be back if I found something else.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

@JHDBelgium,

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service.

I would personally suggest you keep the computer under observation and check how it performs.

If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. We'll be more than happy to help you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.