Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14z-cm000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP Notebook - 14z-cm000 CTO

Product Number: 3TP45AV

Recently my laptop had to go in for repair after a critical failure and it was given a new version of windows 10. Now that I have it back I am receiving this error when I try to open HP Support Assistant.

HPSF.exe - Configuration parser error

Error parsing

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64/v4.0.30319\config\machine.config

Parser returned error 0xC00CE556.

I've replaced machine.config in Framework and Framework64 with their respective machine.config.default and restarted the laptop, but the error hasn't changed. Any advice?

Edit: This error is now appearing without input.

HPSF_Tasks.exe - Configuration parser error

Error parsing

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config

Parser returned error 0xC00CE556.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zodirok 

OK, so where did it go for repair -- HP?

Asking because the Windows version that came preinstalled was an HP OEM version -- and the HP utilities work with that.

If the place that repaired your PC installed a non-HP version of Windows, then they hosed up your PC, as it now, will most likely NOT work with HP utilities.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Yeah, it's still covered by the warranty so I sent it to HP. That's why I'm confused about something being wrong. 

HP Recommended

Alright, so I decided to restart my pc and see if that did anything to help, Before restarting it gave me a blue screen with "Recovery" in the top left and an error message. It says a file cannot be located or contains errors with an error code below it.

File: \windows\system32\winload.efi

Error code: 0xc0000225

It then says that I will need recovery tools and gives me a couple options. I tried trying again, and entering Recovery Environment, but they seemed to do nothing. After a little while the pc restarted on its own and said recovery failed and that nothing was changed. Is this something HP can help with or is there nothing I can do at this point?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.