Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-23-2022 04:33 PM - last edited on 06-24-2022 09:58 AM by Ric_ob
Have lost content from files in the attempt to transfer from old HP laptop to new. both are running Windows 11. Have used both external hard drive back up and 512 GB flash drive. Content does not transfer with either. In my research I found reference to issues with One Drive, but not sure if this is accurate. Not sure if this is a Windows 11 issue, an HP issue, or both. Either way, I'm a very unhappy camper.
06-28-2022 02:39 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
I understand that you are facing issue with transferring data from you old Notebook to your new HP Notebook PC.
To assist you better I would need some more information:
- Do you get any kind of error when you try to transfer data?
- Did you copy all your data from your old PC to an external hard driver or did you use OneDrive?
- Have you tried to update Windows on both the PC's?
While you respond to that, please try the below steps:
- To check for updates,
- select Start > Settings > Windows Update , then select Check for updates.
- If updates are available, you can choose to install them.
Use HP Support Assistant to update PC drivers:
- Download HP Support Assistant from this link
- Use HP Support Assistant to automatically install computer updates, such as updated drivers, system updates, and useful utilities.
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
- Once installed restart the PC and then check.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
06-29-2022 11:10 AM
Windows 11 was updated on both machines before attempting transfer. Tried both 512GB flash drive and external hard drive. Believe One Drive may have been part of the problem so I increased One Drive capacity. That didn't work either. I am using my old laptop to respond because now my Outlook won't start on the new laptop. This is beyond frustrating. can't be sure if the problem is with HP, Windows 11 or both! I have been struggling with this for almost a month now. I'm ready to return the new laptop and start over with another computer made by someone else and use with Windows 10!!!!!
07-12-2022 11:18 AM
Thank you for your response, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community