Atenza25
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

FPS decreases in battery mode

HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 (Ba1000ur) Product 2X1M7EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I recently purchased an HP Envy 13 model ba1000ur Product 2X1M7EA and noticed that if you unplug the laptop from 220 volts, many games have a lower FPS, but when you plug it back in, the FPS goes up significantly.

The slider on the battery panel is set to maximum performance.

I understand that the laptop will not live long on one battery in game mode, but sometimes you want to run a couple of short gaming sessions, and the charger is not with you.

Is there any way around this limitation and allow the laptop to run at full power without FPS limitations in battery mode?

P.s. in the windows power schemes settings there is only one scheme : balanced and its settings, for obvious reasons, are more stripped down than on a desktop computer, which has 3 power management schemes 🙂

[content removed]

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,506 90,383 11,623 24,916
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Atenza25 

Normally to save battery, machine has an option to reduce CPU power that why FPS dropped. You can tell your machine to run 100% with battery. of course battery will drain faster.

Please use Power options to change to Active Plan:

max perf.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Atenza25
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien
Alas, there are no such items in the "balanced" power control circuitry. I went there first thing and looked 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation