Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently ran a power test on my AC adapter and received a failure code PG9HV0-86FA25-XD7X7G-C1BT03 

Anyone know how to decode this code?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mtfigwald I'm afraid you will need to re-run the hardware test as the one you've mentioned is either incorrect or the test was accidentally interrupted, considering they don't add up, i'm unable to decipher them, and while you do that, perhaps, you can borrow an alternate adapter from a friend or a local tech store (if close by) and check if that works as well.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher thank you for your response. I'm thoroughly confused as well. I have tried 4 different adapters, all with the same result. When the computer is in sleep mode or shut down the adapter charges the battery with no problem. However, when the laptop is in use and plugged in, the adapter isn't recognized.

In addition to the  adapters, I've tested the battery (passed), tried a replacement battery, removed the battery driver, and reinstalled the battery driver. Nothing has worked. Open to any suggestions and thoughts - thanks!

HP Recommended

@mtfigwald So, when did you get the failure ID from your first post? Is the adapter test not failing anymore? If it has failed, I'll need the correct failure ID as the last one was not complete, that said, if the battery tests have passed, we may be looking at a DC power connector failure and the same can be replaced to resolve the issue, that brings me to my next question, is the device covered by a warranty?

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher I first got the failure code on 3/30/2020. The new adapter I purchased also failed the test. I’m including an image of the diagnostics results and am also providing my product number. The notebook is no longer under warranty.

2AC6D6EB-782D-40FD-82E0-3FA27303FC74.jpeg

product number: W2M75UA 

HP Recommended

@mtfigwald The image quality isn't that good, I can barely see the image, could you be so kind to write down the failure ID, so I can decipher the same and help you with identifying the cause of the issue? And we can work from there.

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher, sorry about the image quality. The failure code is:

PG9HV0-86FA2W-XD7X7G-C19T03

Hoping you’re able to make sense of it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.