Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Fan Running Fast When Connecting Two Monitors using a Docking Station

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1033dx from Best Buy and it was running great. However, when I connect a docking station to connect two monitors to my laptop, the fans spin continuously. I noticed that problem is persistent when the charger is plugged into the laptop. I tried to use the two monitors when the charger is not plugged in and it seemed that the fan is going less noisier.

I downloaded the latest Windows 10 updates and installed the newest graphics cards drivers. I tried to change the battery settings and the thermal settings in the HP Command Center, but that did not help. 

The two docking stations I used to connect the two monitors are Belkin - Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station Model # F4U098BT and j5create - USB Type-C Mini Docking Station Model # JCD381.

I think this is a software issue and not a hardware one. Is there any software I can download that allow me to control the fan speed and run? Any recommendation on how to solve the problem?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,919 27,873 2,298 3,496
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Usef Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, to resolve issues such with fan Spinning Constantly, use the below steps:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

As for using the docking station, we recommend you get an externally powered docking station as it wouldn't have to rely on the laptop for it's power source and hence, would provide better performance with an without the adapter connected to the laptop.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation