Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-26-2022 03:30 AM
Hiya I', hoping someone may be able to help.
For the last year or so my laptop fan has been coming on and off. Sometimes continuously and the more annoying on for a few seconds then off for a few seconds repeatedly. I would run a virus scan or sometimes a Performance tune-up and this would sometimes make it stop but it would always start again the next time I used the laptop. I would then clean the fan with air, remove the battery and put it back in, clear cookies and files, reset Firefox, system restore, update the Bios and defrag the hard drive. These would usually help temporarily. They now don't seem to have any effect.
I have had a look at the task manager and notice that the disk is running at 100% and a quick Google said to turn off the Superfetch but I can't find it and I'm also a bit reluctant to turn off something that could be important. So I thought I would see if anyone else has any ideas/advice.
03-30-2022 08:01 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!
I see you are experiencing Fan issues with the HP Laptop.
I have a few recommendations
- Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
- Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date.
- Adjust the power settings, clean the fan vents, check for suspicious processes.
- It is normal for the fans to spin loudly for five to twenty seconds when the computer initially turns on.
- Try doing Reset PC Keep my files from windows and check if it works.
- If issue persists then it could be a hardware issue on the PC.
For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community