Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought a HP probook 440 g6. After buying, i i downloaded all the necessary softwares and drivers from hp website. I can use the hotkeys after installing the HP hotkey software. But I want to map the hotkeys to be used when fn button is pressed. For that, i tried pressing the shift+fn key, but the light beside fn key does not get on and the fn lock doesn't work. I tried to find in bios for settings, there aren't any. I tried reinstalling softwares, but nothing worked. How can i fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Got the same problem with 440 g6

Tried several Win 10 builds - 1709 1809 1903 with different HP Hotkey Support drivers. Currently installed version is 6.2.50.1.

Would be grateful for any ideas.

HP Recommended

We have here HP Probook 450 G6. It came with BIOS version 1.2.xx (xx was for sure not 00, but I don't remember exact number). After upgrading BIOS to 1.3.00 the FN LOCK function stops working (FN led stays off).

Some people reported, that downgrade BIOS to 1.2.00 help solved the issue.

In our case, downgrading back to 1.2.00, Windows 10 was UNABLE TO BOOT.
It freeze on HP logo screen with Windows 10 dots.

Windows will boot only in SAFE mode. Even Windows setup will not boot.

I recommend to go to support.hp.com, choose your NB model, download both BIOS (1.2.00 and 1.3.00).

Enter in elevated command prompt this command:

BCDedit /set {current} bootmenupolicy Legacy

(This will enable legacy Windows F8 boot menu, it come handy in case Windows 10 will not boot)

Downgrade BIOS to 1.2.00 using downloaded package

Try if problem is resolved. If Windows will not boot, simply keep tapping F8 after power on and choose SAFE MODE.

Windows will boot and you can upgrade back to 1.3.00. Start hoping for BIOS fix from HP. They know about this bug more than a month.

HP Recommended

Just chiming in to report that I have HP Probook 450 g6 with the same issue. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi!

In my case the issue was related to latest BIOS version. After I've installed previous to last HP Firmware Pack everything got back to working as it should.

I have got this insight from discussing my issue with Indonesian support in chat. HP problem solving is really connecting people around the world!

Hope that helps in your case too.

HP Recommended

Problem is fixed now in new BIOS version 01.08.03RevA (alias Firmware Pack R71) released as SP98476.

Fix and enhancements contains:
- Fixes an issue where the Fn Lock does not function properly after the BIOS is updated to 01.03.00.

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-440-g6-notebook-pc/23200928/sw...
or direct link
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98476.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.