Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-dq0000 Laptop PC (9WQ76AV)
  1. I'm not sure whether the issue is driver related or related to the game: the framerate drops out for a split second at a random interval, mouse input is sometimes lost for a split second and the keys 'a', 'd' and 'shift' are sometimes read by the game as depressed. Pressing the 'depressed' key resets it.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I found that the game's process is involved in hard disk activity via Windows 11's task manager. My assumption is the reading and or writing the process is doing is related to the frame rate dropouts.

HP Recommended

The f keys that are connected to muting and volume are able to trigger movement keys in the game. 

HP Recommended

To the left of the left LED there is about twice as much blank space than the other two areasTo the left of the left LED there is about twice as much blank space than the other two areasThe laptop (14-dq0035dx) has an LED on its side with a hard drive symbol adjacent to it that doesn't flash with hard drive activity. I talked to HP support about it, and they told me the LED is for an SD card reader that is located near the LED. But, due to my annoyance with HP's lack of admission, I wasn't able to get HP to tell me if the hard drive symbol was placed in error, or not, which leaves me suspecting there is something driver/bios related that is a problem(like the issue I brought up here with goldsource and the fkeys).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.