Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
09-16-2021 02:51 PM - edited 09-16-2021 02:57 PM
Product: HP Pavilion - 15-cs3002nb
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've bought my laptop only a few months ago, but I'm already experiencing some problems:
- I frequently get bluescreens, mostly with the error 'PFN List Corrupt'
- I get screen freezes where some distortion happens and I can't do anything anymore
Anyone know what the problem might be?
I still have warranty so I would like to get it either repaired or returned.
1 REPLY 1
09-24-2021 10:54 AM
Hi@SMeekers, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We reviewed your post and I understand that the blue screen issue.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- Turn off your HP laptop.
- Disconnect all external devices (printers, USB drives, etc.) from your computer.
- Remove all recently added internal hardware.
- Press the Power button to switch your HP laptop on.
- Once your unit starts booting, immediately press the F11 key. Repeatedly press it until you see the Choose an Option screen.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Choose Reset this PC.
- You can either opt to keep your files or to remove everything.
- Select Keep My Files when you want to retain your data. Once you click Reset, your operating system will be reinstalled. The process may take a while.
- Choose Remove Everything when you want to remove all your personal files.
- You can opt to remove everything solely on the drive where your operating system is installed. On the other hand, you can click All Drives when you do not want to retain any data.
- You can also fully clean the drive you selected or just remove your files.
- Click Reset.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community