Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm not sure why, but in my 1st attempt posting this question, it got lumped as an answer to my preceding question.  It is a different question.  Here is my 2nd attempt.

I'm debating whether to disable HP Sure Click. I understand the idea of protection from malware online. I'm not sure, however, what the benefit is of asking me whether I want to remove protection of email attachments or files linked to from web pages, e.g., Word/PDF files, image files. It significantly interferes with my work flow to browse a document using Chromium (which Sure Click uses for PDFs), use MS Photo intsead of Firefox for images, and not being able to use the former to advance/regress through a sequence of saved *.jpg files.

Other than simply asking to remove protection from all files, what other benefits is there from HP Sure Click? I assume that sandboxing is no longer in effect if I choose to remove the protection.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@purplePHofHP 

Did you read the following document ?

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-2638ENW.pdf

There are all sorts of nasty traps on the internet and none of AV or similar software can give us 100% protection. It is up to you to use or not ti use.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I appreciate that it is my choice. I am trying to inform that decision. As I described, I am currently prompted to remove protection, so it seems to me that I'm not benefiting anyway. I really don't need PDF files opened in Chromium, and malware in Word/*.jpg files aren't something that I've heard of. I describe a lot of hindrance for that kind of protection, so before I disabled Sure Click, I was wondering what plausible scenarios I may not have considered. That was the main gist of my question. Your response does not address this.

HP Recommended

P.S. If Sure Click provided the ability to white list file types, this decision & question wouldn't be necessary.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.