Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

So far (and Its my personal experience) in my case was the AC Power Supply.  Lucky me that I found the same model of AC Power Supply and when I connected it to the laptop, it is started to work.  The 3 amber blinks means the battery has no charge and the ac power supply is not sending current (you will find it out when you connect the power supply cord to the laptop and the white light does not turn on and it change to amber and blinks).  Thanks everyone for your messages.  Hope mine solves your problem.

HP Recommended

im also facing this kind of problem.. so i just clean my ram by using eraser..

HP Recommended

Replacing the motherboard fixed it. The laptop wouldn't even charge a known working battery. Something happened to the chips near the charging port that wasn't allowing current to flow to the machine's board.

HP Recommended
How much will it cost me round about get mother board change im having same problem with my hp g72.... I d9nt know much about laptops and pc
HP Recommended
How much will it cost me sort this problem out .if I jave to have new mother board .. thanks in advance
HP Recommended

A replacement board can be found on ebay for between $50 and $80. I have years of experience taking laptops apart so it doesn't take me but an hour at most to change one out. If you don't have any experience, I don't know what a shop would charge. Sometimes, when you take them into a shop, they'd rather tell you it would cost the price of a new computer and sell you something new and offer data transfer. I usually do motherboard swaps for $30 labor because it doesn't take all that long.

Here's a video on how to disassemble an HP G72:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXrXMSOShA0

HP Recommended
I had this issue today. Somehow there was a surge im guessing and in the plug you can see where it is slightly melted. And now my hp laptop wont charge. Well, i have another hp laptop that works but the screen is broken so i took the battery out of the new shorted pc and put it in my old broken screen model and its charged so then i put it in the shorted pc and it works so thats how ive fixed my situation its under warranty but i cant afford to send it to them so this works for now. Now what id like to know is how much would cost for me to replace the part on the pc where it plgs in and what its called.
HP Recommended

It's been a while since I performed the fix on this model, but if I remember correctly the part that you want to replace (DC Power Jack) is pretty cheap....usually found on ebay or elsewhere for under $15. The part is not soldered directly to the board. The plug seats in the laptop housing and a 7 or 8 pin connector clips to the motherboard. This is very important....if you are familiar with laptop disassembly, it is crucial that you strip the laptop down and pull the DC Power Jack and examine the connector that attaches to the motherboard. There are a few different styles and wire placement schemes that were used. You need to get the exact one and verify with a picture. When I ordered one for a client it was the wrong one. It had 1 extra pin and I had to modify it to test it. I eventually discovered through trial and error that it was not the dc jack itself, but something on the board that feeds the power from dc jack was not working. A new motherboard was required to fix it.

HP Recommended
I m having the sam issue with my hp pavilion g6.... Can someone plzz help me. The problem is the same as others have specified. While pressing the power button, the led blinks thrice and the battery is not charging neither is my laptop accepting any power. But in my case it sometimes works fine but only for a limited time(max 30 mins). I dont know what the problems is.I have not tried a new power cord.. Will try it and see if it brings any luck...
HP Recommended
I encountered this problem recently, and as one of the older post indicated, the problem was with the AC adapter. Three blinks of the power LED means that the power supply is not supplying current. I found another adapter and the problem went away.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.