Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Latitude E7450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I'm trying to install a video editing software but when installing it says that my GPU driver is out of date.

I should be able to update the driver through the HP website, however I can't seem to find the serial code anywhere.

Device: Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 

Driver Version: 20.19.15.4835

Can anyone help me find the serial nr or perhaps a direct link to the correct driver instal?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You posted that your notebook is a Latitude E7450.

The Latitude business class notebook's are made by Dell, not HP.

Sometimes you can use the latest graphics driver from Intel by manually installing it as follows...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=862...

Download the W10 64 bit Zip file from the above link.

Unzip it to its file folder (right click on the file and select Extract All).

After the driver folder is created, go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.   Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), click Next and see if the driver updates that way.

If it does, then restart the PC.

Otherwise you can find the support page for your notebook at the link below...

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/drivers/

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

Thank you so much for your help.

How ignorant of me to ask this in the HP community. Totally not aware of that. 

To be honest it's my girlfriends laptop and I'm starting to use it for editing. 

Anyways. I will try this out. 

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully the manual install of the Intel graphics driver will work on the Latitude notebook you are using.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.