Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have read somewhere that games with high graphics need a lot of processing power so it's better to play while charging it and if one plays unplugged, it can decrease the performance of the laptop or cause some damage. So, my question is, is it okay to play games unplugged once the laptop is 100% or should I keep it plugged into adapter?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is fine to use your notebook for any reason while the battery is charging.

It just takes longer for the notebook to charge than if it was turned off.

Leaving a notebook constantly plugged in 100% of the time when the battery is fully charge may lead to battery swelling.

To mitigate that from happening once or twice a month, run the notebook with the adapter unplugged until you get the low battery warning.

Then you can plug it back in again.

See this link from HP for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Improving battery performance (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.