Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-DA0326TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

why I am getting error code -0x80240023 when i am trying to install update of Microsoft office File Validation Add-in. I have got this update after checking latest software update from Window Update Section. All updates had installed successfully but only This file "Microsoft Office File validation Add-in showing Error. I hav tried many time even i have deleted Software Distribution Folder too but after all nothing could fix this problem. Please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's run a scan here:

Type cmd in the Start search box. In the result, which appears, right click on cmd and select Run As Administrator.

In the command prompt window which opens, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nishant273

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Click the Start button, then click the Settings button to open settings.

On Windows Settings, click Update & Security.

On the left side, click Troubleshoot, then click Windows Update on the tab that will appear on the right side.

This will run the trouble-shooter and apply fix to the problem.
After this is done, run Windows Update again to see if the problem was fixed.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed as u guided but this couldn't fix my problem. Window Troubleshooting tool couldn't find anything wrong. Still i am getting that Error code while updating window. pls help me and Thanks alot 4 ur kind attention. 😊

HP Recommended

somebody pls help me

HP Recommended

Let's run a scan here:

Type cmd in the Start search box. In the result, which appears, right click on cmd and select Run As Administrator.

In the command prompt window which opens, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.