Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 14" laptop

Hi I recently purchased the hp 14" Laptop with windows 10. I switched it out of S mode and installed google chrome and it worked fine after installing it. After a couple of days I use it again and when I click on chrome the window just pops up as a dark screen and stays like that. I tried restarting the computer and it does the same thing. I then try to uninstall google chrome to try and reinstall it hoping it would work fine afterwards. I am now not able to uninstall it. I click uninstall and a message shows up saying "are you sure you want to uninstall or make changes to this app" or something along those lines, and I click yes. Then the chrome icon appears in the bottom tabs on the screen and nothing happens. I try clicking that icon that showed up but nothing appears.

Does anyone know how I may fix this issue? Sorry if I didn't explain things very well, I am not good with technology.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @ohitsme,

Have you tried checking with a different browser? Does the issue persist?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Chrome might already running be in the background on your computer. To see if Chrome's open and force quit out.

Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
Click Task manager​.
Under "Processes," look for "Google Chrome" or "chrome.exe."
Click it, then click End process. 

Your profile account might have been corrupted. Try creating a new browser user profile and check if that makes a difference

Reset Chrome settings to default

You can restore your browser settings in Chrome at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Chromebook, Linux, and Mac: Under "Reset Settings," click Restore settings to their original defaults and then Reset Settings.
Windows: Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings and then Reset Settings.

Lastly, uninstall and reinstall Google chrome on the PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.