Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion DV6T-6c00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello. First I would like to point out that I was able to improve on the original performance replacing the 750Gb HD (7200 rpm) with a SanDisk 3D with 1Tb using the recovery disk to start it from scratch. Also I was able (contrary to all information given here) to upgrade from 8 Gb (2 x 4Gb) of RAM to 16 Gb (2x 8Gb). All of this had a great improvement in the performance. Now back to Win10 bugs! I just upgraded the OS to Windows 10 64 with the free upgrade license from Microsoft and a video editing tool is not opening due graphic drive outdated, nevertheless, the same program was working fine with win7, it asks for a "capable video play module". Is there or will ever be a Win10 driver for the Graphic cards: AMD Radeon HD 7400 Series Intel HD Graphics 3000? Where can I find it? Why the "Show windows side by side" command does not work, I saw a lot complain in the internet about it on win10. Is there a fix? Thank you very much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rickcleansoul 

Regarding the video driver -- most probably NOT.

The AMD HD series chips are not well supported in Win10, and there are no plans we know of to improve or update the Win10 video drivers for them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rickcleansoul 

Regarding the video driver -- most probably NOT.

The AMD HD series chips are not well supported in Win10, and there are no plans we know of to improve or update the Win10 video drivers for them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
I understood your reply and it shows that both companies MS and HP have neither regard to environment nor to the user that bought their products, unless it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to develop the necessary drivers, to allow the Win10 to work as well or better than the previous systems on those hardware, the companies that sold it should produce those necessary drivers or recall the hardware as manufactured with defect, since they were less than five years old when the Win10 came along. Nevertheless I find it won't happen, since Win10 still haven't fixed the "side by side" window bug. Thank you.
HP Recommended
I understood your reply and it shows that both companies MS and HP have neither regard to environment nor to the user that bought their products, unless it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to develop the necessary drivers, to allow the Win10 to work as well or better than the previous systems on those hardware, the companies that sold it should produce those necessary drivers or recall the hardware as manufactured with defect, since they were less than five years old when the Win10 came along. Nevertheless I find it won't happen, since Win10 still haven't fixed the "side by side" window bug. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.