Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 - AU114TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, So i have a pavillion au114tx laptop. The problem that occurs is that the graphics do not seem to shift to the 940mx even tho the tray icon shows it does. Now, you'd ask how I noticed it? Well, when i install the old drivers the games seem to work pretty smoothly, but when windows 10 updates the graphics driver for the 940mx, the whole performance goes to the same level as the intel uhd 620(EVEN THOUGH THE TRAY ICON SHOWS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD IS IN USE). And once window updates the drivers it messes up every thing. Uninstalling and reinstalling does'nt seem to have any effect and the only way to make it work is to reinstall the whole windows. now im really fed up because of this. I turned off windows updates too. But sometimes what happens is that if i restart windows (i mean really I JUST RESTART IT) the graphic performance goes down again and then i have to reinstall windows again. I don't know if it is a hardware level problem or a software level problem but im really giving up hopes of it working like other normal laptops do. If someone could please give me a solution to the problem I would actually be very thankful. And yeah im running windows 10 home. I also installed gpedit to configure windows not to update but still problems do occur and windows still updates the drivers. Anyhow if someone would be good enough to help me with this problem id seriously owe them.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@saleh_adnan
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and reinstalled windows 10 operating system, this could be an issue with the graphics driver and needs to be updated. 

Let's try Installing updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried doing it too. But unfortunately it does'nt work. Any other solution if you may? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@saleh_adnan

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting and issue persists. I would recommend performing system factory reset may fix the issue.

Click here to run system factory reset. ( Note please backup your files and data before initiating system recovery) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done every little troubleshooting step you have told me to but it does not seem to help me in anyway.

HP Recommended

@saleh_adnan

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.