Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G1
Linux

Hello all,

I received a critical security bulletin alert via e-mail regarding HBSBHF03584. If I understand it correctly, it is about the recently discovered Spectre Variant 4.

The link points to: https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c06001803?hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_2011180&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_...

However, this bulletin seems to be completely empty. I would have expected to find there information about the security alert and possibly updated BIOS versions containing updated microcodes for each notebook processor.

Anyone knows something about this?

Mauro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mauromol

Ah!  You are correct; the document at the end of that link is, well, useless.

Try here - document: c06001626

HBSBHF03584 rev.1 - Derivative Side-Channel Analysis Method

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mauromol

The document opens as expected for me -- it is not in English, but it does open with all the content.

Try using a different browser.

For example, if you are using Edge, try Firefox or Chrome to open the page.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

By "empty" I do not mean that the page is blank, but rather that it doesn't say anything.

The English version is available at: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06001803/

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that this security bulletin is simply saying nothing.

HP Recommended

@mauromol

Ah!  You are correct; the document at the end of that link is, well, useless.

Try here - document: c06001626

HBSBHF03584 rev.1 - Derivative Side-Channel Analysis Method

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! I don't know how you could find it, I tried to search for it before posting but was unsuccessful 🙂

This said, HP is doing strange things recently with these security alerts 😉

HP Recommended

@mauromol

You are welcome.

Generally, even if you are not signed up to receive alerts by email, you can find the bulletins and advisory notices at the Support website for your computer.

HP ProBook 450 G1 Notebook PC

Category Bulletins and Notices

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.