Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HOW DO I DO A SCREENSHOT ON MY PC?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What is your notebook? The product number will help us know how to better help you.

Its located in the HP Support Assistant.,

HP Recommended

My Notebook is HP Pavilion 15 - Windows 10 64 bit version

Carole

HP Recommended

That is not the product number, but I take it you have a standard Windows laptop.

Two of the most popular ways to take a screen shot are...

1.Windows key + Print Screen

To capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder.

2. Snipping Tool

Type the words Snipping Tool in the Windows Search bar (Cortana) and hit the Enter key.

Click the New button to begin the screenshot process. The default snip type is a rectangular snip, but you can also take free-form and full-screen snips along with a window snip.

You will need to manually save the screen shots in the tool before you exit -- and it does automatically copy your captures to the clipboard.

snipping tool.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.